Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterMainsiteLog in

Share  | 

Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
dubbleD
Global Moderator

Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers Vide
PostSubject: Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers   Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 4:12 am

hey hey, ive just been thinking of different ideas and concepts that can be implemented into data and stuff
i guess we could share our thoughts and ideas. so even if youre not a data changer, just give an idea and us dc'ers can see if its plausible.

on my test character Alex, ive thought of a different sort of running function. well its not even running at all.
when you double tap a direction, you'll make a mini dash. now you'll be really annoyed with having to double tap regularly to keep on your toes but i was thinking of adding proper running. this would probably be implemented via pressing defence while mini dashing and you will be able to roll when youre running.
EDIT: test try on this different running function http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2zuctiiz3zm

another idea; a landmine. what i was trrying to do was create an invisible ball to trigger only when and enemy interacts with it. So far, i've just used state 3000 so the ball will hit the enemy. but anyone can hit it and it will explode. ik8 will trigger on anyone and the teleport state is out of the question. The problem with state 3000 is that you can see the shadow. the problem with the shadowless state 3005, it wont trigger because it wont go to hitting frames. I was thinking of state 18, or that self hit function but im not sure its that good because you would need to put so much more effort to clean the details up. any better or easier way for this landmine? although its probably gonna be useless, its some data changing thats stumped me lmao.
Back to top Go down
Lauli
VIP Member
Lauli

PostSubject: Re: Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers   Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers EmptyFri Jun 26, 2009 10:52 am

I thought of a slower walking cycle.

It's just a thought, if you press Def while walking you will just walk slower.
Maybe it's possible by making a hit_d: in the walking frames, but I'm really not sure.
Back to top Go down
dubbleD
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers   Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers EmptySun Jun 28, 2009 7:14 am

yeah i think so. but that can only be automated. we're only limited to one set of frames to our key functions (i think thats how to say it?)
i havent tested out walking state...
but i dont think it would work...unless u squeez in some sort of stupid transform to a diff character simply to walk slower...lmao
i know in running, if you trry to put more frames, it wont work cos of the exe, constantly having the frames revert back to the original frames.

or no...could use standing state in the slower walking frames.
just lemme to test that out

EDIT: rawr its not working the way its expected to. if i want to get him to walk handsfree (cos no handsfree no work), i have to release walk button as soon as i press defend.
Back to top Go down
Lauli
VIP Member
Lauli

PostSubject: Re: Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers   Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 3:22 am

The succesful test subjects should be like the main char. Just I think it would be a bit annoying to come up with unique designs for each char. Or make lots of new spritesheets for it.

I thought, that the heads of them in the spritesheets are cut out, and instead the actual "heads" are weapons held be the characters.
Or you can do the same with the hairstyles.

That way some hidden char IDs are saved and with weapon-specific attacks the chars can be seperated, even if they are just one.
Back to top Go down
dubbleD
Global Moderator

PostSubject: Re: Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers   Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:54 am

ah yeah
good idea.
so no need to make multiple spritesheets or character data.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers   Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers Empty

Back to top Go down

Data Ideas - not just for dc'ers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum: You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: LF2 :: Data Changing -